Thursday 18 April 2013

Cooking Factory Story 3 (Start the Business) Part 1

Welcome back to my Food Stories! My 'Egg Danger' and 'Flying Frisbee Fries' story had good reviews and I am going to post story 3 today! It's about Lamb and I starting a business 3 years ago. What will happen? Read on to find out!

Chapter 1: Start Up
"Are you going to start up a business?" Jing Lu asked me, and brought out the map on where to built the restaurant. "I'm planning to build it around Deem Road and Lamb's Avenue 7. If business is good, I'll built a branch at Timmy's Avenue 7 and also around Circle Line Station 17, Caldecott. I think it will be called Thompson soon." I replied then Jing Lu and I heard a voice that said the same thing as Jing Lu. "I'm going to start my business around Deem Road, Lamb's Avenue 7 and a few minutes walk to Circle Line Station 11, Tai Seng. Chocop Shop is hard to beat though, they had earned $6000 over dollars in one month over one chocolate!" Lamb told the mystrious voice. I walked to the room and realised that it was Beanie. "You are going to buld a restaurant just beside my restaurant?!" I shouted at the top of my house. "So what? We are going to have a competition right?!" Lamb bellowed back. "Deal means deal!" I screamed, and we walked away.

Chapter 2: The 'Clooking' Competition
Lamb and I heaved a sigh of relief to hear that Chocop Shop was only to compete in the 'Clooking' Competition next year. We got some construction workers to create the restaurant. Within 1 month, our resturants, McLovers and Lamb's Sidewalk Restaurant were on the top of the table. Lamb's restaurant were World No.1, leading by 17 points over my restaurant which was World No. 2. Soon, the 'Clooking' Competition started! H's Hawker Centre was leading at first but dropped until about $100. McPeople and Dogs and Cats were catching up after 2 months. They were $435 behind by Lamb and $500 behind me. I was leading! Lamb didn't give up though. I first had food tasting and then they decide to use these 3 simple steps. Have lots of promotions, food tasting and vouchers. (Even when they lost money for a while, then when they liked the food, they had to pay a pricey sum.) Have new dishes every week and train all the workers for courses (even when they had to pay $10000) The weird thing was, both of our tricks were the same.

Chapter 3: The Magnificent Magazines
"Have you seen McLovers' magazines?" I heard rumours from everywhere. My magazines were selling like hotcakes! Everybody queued up even it had to take 2 hours. With that, I had a big avantage over Lamb's Sidewalk Resturant by $700 and because of my famous fried rice. But they got back by a little when they attracted 100 over people for how to cook lots of recipes, a walk around their kitchen and specially, free breakfast, lunch and dinner! Already earned $300 with then and I just built a second floor and then cost $500! They were leading by $100! But the magazines still helped business and the crowd was big and they all had to go to the second floor! McPeople was losing out now. "I congratulate them for having a big margin over us but we are never going to give up!" the boss of McPeople exclaimed in the interview.

Sorry about this part since it only has 3 chapters, but I am in a rush today to finish as I am busy. But still, hoped you enjoyed!

Written by: Super Lamb

2 comments: